Home AOMEI Products Support

partition merge destroyed my server data

I purchased the server version.  Used it to merge empty space with my partition to add the empty space.  Went through the process, said it was done. Now I just have a big raw disk that windows says I need to format.  This is beyond bad for me.  Please tell me this can be fixed?

Comments

• anyone from support want to help please???
  • edited April 2023
    Hello, Xxdxhxx, I don't know what caused this issue. I am not experienced with Aomei PA Technician/Server editions, but I will try to help. Before you perform any further action on this disk, please clone the disk to another disk with PA sector-by-sector exact clone setting. In my experience, the sector-by-sector clone method is more complete in PA, than Backupper, because it also clones the Partition Table MBR/GPT, which includes the Disk Signature. Please also manually record the source Disk Signature with cmd > Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > det dis. You may need that in the future.
    Please post screenshot of Disk SMART status in PA. What type of disk is this, HDD, SSD 2.5", SSD M.2 SATA, SSD M.2 NVMe?
    Hopefully you backed up your essential files or full disk backup before this event happened. Now that the event has happened, you are into Data Recovery. Always clone the disk first, then perform data recovery on the cloned disk.
    Here are some useful utilities not from Aomei in Data Recovery.

Recuva
    https://recuva.en.softonic.com

Stellar Data Recovery
    https://www.stellarinfo.com/free-data-recovery.php

• @Xxdxhxx, Please try to use Partition Recovery Wizard to see if it can scan the previous partitions. When the partition is scanned, you can double-click scanned partition to check if it include the data you needed.
    If yes, you can close Partition Recovery Wizard, then delete the RAW partition (pleas use fastly delete way), and then run Partition Recovery Wizard again to scan and recover.
  • Can I just get a refund.  The disk was a virtual disk, so no smart metrics. The data was a total loss.  No programs I tried had any luck recovering the partition.  I have zero confidence in this product, and I want it off my server asap.  Anything I need to do to initiate a refund?
  • @Xxdxhxx, Please contact the support team([email protected]) via email and apply for the refund.
  • It is possible that the AOMEI Products server version did not complete the merging process successfully, resulting in a raw disk that needs to be formatted. However, there are several steps you can take to try and fix this issue.

Firstly, try using a data recovery tool to recover any lost data from the raw disk. This can be done using software such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard or Recuva. Once you have recovered any important files, you can proceed with fixing the raw disk.