Home AOMEI Products Support

Recovery

hi,

I have a problem with the recovery, and I am hoping you could assist. I was requested to make a backup of one of our systems and then restore that system on a simulate system and it works, with a recovery partition added. But ones I use that recovering partition, the Boot manager gets broken and i have notice that there is then a second windows drive. why would that be.

I have removed the UEfi partition from the recovery Aswell but also brakes. is it on the boot drive were the problem lies or on the UEfi itself. Because when I restore on the main system the recovery works.

How can I fix it
Tagged:

Comments

• This is what happens after the boot up of the system, and from here i need to select the second boot manager 
  • @Romeo94
    "But ones I use that recovering partition, the Boot manager gets broken and i have notice that there is then a second windows drive. "---What is the recovery partition? Did you mean the restored system partition?
    Please boot from the second boot manager, then take a screenshot of Windows Disk Management so that we check the disks.
  • "---What is the recovery partition? Did you mean the restored system partition?
    yes, that is correct,

If i boot from the second boot manager the system boots up, but that is where the problem lies. We need to go into the bios and then set the main boot order to the second boot manager, and the problem lies that we remote into the secondary system, so we don't want to allow the onsite Resorces to access the bios menu every time we restore the system.  

• this is what happens, and we can have that.

• And it goes on, and on every time, I recover this. is what happening the second time I recovered?
    so every time I do recovery i have to go change the boot order just to boot in 

• Apologies for the inconvenience i have figured it out and all is sorted.