Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper Professional USB Recovery

When I insert the USB Flash Drive and then power on my computer, I am perplexed that it goes directly into the AOMEI WinPE environment without having to press F12 to select the flash drive. My BIOS is set to always boot from my System Drive. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

mdubin

Comments

• @Mdubin, Maybe you can set USB boot under BIOS, and set the second boot option for system drive. And then, please check if it will boot the system drive when there is no USB connected. 
    Some computers will read boot disk one by one. When the first boot disk is not in here, it will read the next one.
  • edited December 2022
    Dubin, please reply with the brand of your motherboard, for example HP, Dell, Asus. Please also reply with the year of your PC, and which of the 3 BIOS modes you are in: UEFI non-CSM, UEFI CSM, or Legacy? Please reply with which of the 3 types of Aomei WinPE you are using:   Backupper, Partition Assistant, or WinPE Builder 2.0?

You could try to perform a BIOS factory reset, to flush all settings, then configure it how you like. When you are configuring your BIOS, please make sure to already have your USB stick inserted before you turn your PC on, so it is detected on the drive list.

The link below is for Aomei WinPE Builder 2.0 USB, which is great for SATA drives, but does not work with NVMe drives unfortunately.

Thank you.
  • Thanks for your replies. I was on the phone with Dell Tech Support to discuss the issue of trying to set up boot sequence via F2. We came to the conclusion that due to secure boot, it is best to simply insert the recovery flash drive and then power up pressing F12 to access the boot menu.

mdubin
  • Dubin, the Admin and I agree, with most models of PC, it does not matter if you have Secure Boot on or off, you shoud be able to set the UEFI boot sequence to boot to "Windows Boot Manager" first, then after that, USB, DVD, etc.

For Dells, it is F2 to access UEFI permanent boot sequence.

Could you please respond to my questions in my previous post, and also could you help us to understand what is your end goal? I understand you want to leave the stick in there, but automatically boot to Windows, but what is the operation you are ultimately trying to do? Thank you.