Home AOMEI Products Support

Restoring a clone AutoCAD licence/activation lost

Hello to all.
I just cloned a 128Gb SSD M.2 SATA with Backupper, replaced with a 500Gb M.2 PCIe, restored the clone on the new drive
Everything seems fine, but as soon as I started AutoCAD to work in it, now it ask me to activate it again.
If I have to face to this problem for all my colleagues' computers it'll be a very bad nightmare!!
My question is: a clone should not recover the whole disk MBR included?
The problem seems the impossibility for Backupper to restore also the disk signature, essential to don't lost the AutoCAD activation...

Any suggestion?

Tks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• @SuperMatico, Our software can't handle the license problem. When you run the AutoCAD software, it might need to online detect the license. It might be that the license is bundled with the fixed device.
  • edited December 2022
    Yes, SuperMatico, you are correct, Backupper does not copy the Partition Table MBR/GPT. It does not copy it, even on the Exact / Sector-by-sector method.
    Could you please clarify if your destination disk is an NVMe?
    You can copy the Partition Table MBR/GPT with Partition Assistant with the following steps:
    1) Before you perform this new disk clone action, please disconnect your destination disk, and go to Cmd > Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > uniqueid. Please record the uniquid Disk Signature of the source disk.
    2) To clone the full disk, including the Partiton Table MBR/GPT, please use Partition Asisstant Disk Clone feature, and you must use Exact / Sector-by-sector setting.
    After your clone finishes, your destination disk will automatically create a new Disk Signature, to avoid a collision with your source disk.
    3) Please turn off your PC, disconnect the source disk.
    4) Turn PC back on, go to Diskpart > lis dis > sel dis # > uniqueid > uniqueid id=<SourceDiskSignatureID>
    These steps will help you to clone to a new disk, while keeping the source Disk Signature.
    Great free tools from Aomei:

Aomei WinPE Builder 2.0 USB, includes: Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice. Does not work with internal NVMe drives, even when manually added.

https://www.aomeitech.com/win-pe.html

How to create your own personal Windows To Go, with
    Partition Assistant:

https://www.diskpart.com/lib/wintogo.html

SuperMatico, after you have resolved this issue, please reply back to everyone, letting us know how you resolved this issue, thank you.