Home AOMEI Products Support

No Matter What I Try I Can't Boot Into PreOS

edited November 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I have read the other discussions and I tried creating a bootable USB, changed the boot order in the bios, but the system always comes back up under Windows 8.1. Please help!

Comments

• Stevo,

Are you being prompted to press a key during boot up?  Also, is your system configured for UEFI boot or will it accept MBR boot?  This configuration will be in the BIOS.

• Not sure about this, the computer (ASUS) shows "Press F2 or DEL" briefly before booting. In the bios the only boot I see is UEFI.

• UEFI, except in very special circumstances will only boot to FAT.  Check to see if your thumb drive has an NTFS partition or FAT32.  There are some motherboard manufacturers that support NTFS or other file system types.  Most do not support NTFS for UEFI, though, given that the BIOS would need to be able to read it and it's a proprietary Microsoft file system format.  

This link contains more information, but it is meant for technically skilled technicans and system administrators.

• It creates a singel NTFS partition on the usb thumb drive. I'm not technical on this, but I do need to get it working. I want to copy the OS partition from a failing drive to a SSD drive.

• I was finally able to get booted into the thumb drive. Now I get a bad sector message and the migration cancels. Should I try to use chkdsk /r or do you have any other suggestions?

• You can try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lk73dztsbit6vh/AOMEI-PEv19.zip?dl=0

Just unzip it onto your drive, so you have C:\AOMEI-PEv19

Then rt click and run as admin on Run-me-as-adminv19.cmd

• "I was finally able to get booted into the thumb drive. Now I get a bad
    sector message and the migration cancels. Should I try to use chkdsk /r
    or do you have any other suggestions?"

Yes, try checkdisk first.