Home AOMEI Products Support

Email Notifications not working still in Aomei Backupper Standard v2.0.3

BD3BD3
edited November 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

The Email Notification feature is still not working in Aomei Backupper Standard v2.0.3 and I was told it would be fix in the next release from v2.0.2

Why?

BD3

Comments

• Hi BD3,

About Email Noticicaion feature, are you able to receive the test message by clicking "send test message"?  Or you can receive the emails at first? If so, you can re-set your Inbox, maybe the emails was sent to the Trash. 

• BD3, could you send me a test account for solving the problem?

If you can provide a test account and including SMTP, POP3 info, we think this issue can be solved well. Thank you!        

• Jack,I uninstalled the free standard version 2.0.3 and restsrted my computer and re-installed v 2.0.3, with the same problem. The ONLY input/setting is to enter my email account and click "Send Test Message" and is tries and a few seconds later states is failed. I've tried various different email accounts that I have (Outlook.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com and Comcast.net) and ALL fail. There is NO settings that I can find in v 2.0.3 to set the SMTP, IMAP or POP3 setting and ports to use.

When you say "send me a test account", what do you mean?

BD3

• 1.  Click on the Notifications tab under settings.

2.  Click Enable email notification.

3.  Check the Don't use AOMEI SMTP server.

4.  Fill in the settings that you need below including your SMTP server, port address, and encryption type.

5.  If SMTP authentication is needed, check that box.

6.  Add user name and password if needed for SMTP authentication.

The reason it is most likely not working is that most ISPs in the United States and Europe block outside SMTP servers as a means of preventing spam messages.  You should use the SMTP settings for your own ISP to allow for emails to be sent if in the US or Europe.  Most of Asia and Africa do not have this limitation, so the Aomei SMTP server should work there most likely.

• Where is "Don't use AOMEI SMTP server"?

The Notifications tab under Settings (AOMEI Backupper Standard v2.0.3):

• Where is "Don't use AOMEI SMTP server" in v 2.10 standard freeware?!!

BD3

• I will look into this.  When I originally answered this question thread I had pro installed.  I've since put standard on to look and don't see that option.

• Everyone,

I've confirmed via email with technical support that the user provided SMTP settings are a Pro feature.  In Standard that feature is not available.

• I have installed the pro trial version and email will not work.  I am using the correct smtp information for my isp in the USA.  Also I have noticed that the delete old versions is not working as I had 3 versions and when I change the setting to delete just 1 old version it delteted all but one of the versions.  I need to keep at least two version available.  And last but not least is there anyway to have the newly created backups verified automatically when they are created. 

• Daden123,

Please email tech support for assistance with the email notification and for the delete old versions.  Note that when you are setting up a backup, there's a checkbox "Check the Backup" that does verification when the backup completes if it's checked.