Home AOMEI Products Support

Hard drive not showing up in MyPc but is listed as Disk 1, how do i setup recovery partition

edited September 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Im not sure how to make this any simpler, my prior post have been unresolved, same issue.  I installed Win 8.1 now I only show a C:drive, in disk mgr.  I want to now how to repartition and recover my D: drive (recovery). I scanned recovery; I partition and D: show up as Disk 1, not sure how to follow through on wizard to reenable /remount my internal Hard drive to my pc. Do i split my partition that contains OS and system recovery and make a new partition. I'm confused myself so not sure how else to address this. Prior snapshots did not make things any clearer so i'm still hanging for someone to provide sufficient detailed instructions on how to recover my D: recovery drive.

Comments

• Hope this new snapshot helps explain my delima

• edited September 2014

I read all your three posts. You want to install win 8 on your PCs without losing D drive, am I right? Here is the solution: backup D drive before installing win 8 using AOMEI Backupper; after installation, just restore D drive. If you get any questions, welcome to get it back to me.