Home AOMEI Products Support

backup image virtual drive

Hello,

No matter what I try I cannot create a virtual drive for a backup image?

Here is the procedure I used;

- go into utilities menu

- select "explore image"

- select my recently backuped up image (tried both selecting displayed image and opening afi file)

- select "Next"

- asked to select "backup point", select my backup entry from the list

- select "Next"

- presented with an "explore image" screen where I can open the archive via a selectable tree structure. I never get prompted to enter a virtual drive letter to select (as per the manual).

Please let me know what I am doing wrong? I would really like to upgrade to the Pro version, but without the ability to mount my backup image file within "My Computer", this program is useless to me.

Thank you!

Comments

• Can you provide screen shots?  Also, have you tried verifying the image file integrity? 

1. Select the Utilities tab.

2. Click Check Image.

3. Select an image from the list or choose Path to manually select an image file.

4. Click Next.

5. Select the backup from the list of backups in that image.

6. Click Next and wait for the image check to complete.

• You are trying to mount a folder backup as a virtual drive? Just select the folder from the tree on the left, the files are revealed on the right. Select any you want to extract from there.

Disk and partition images (adi ) are mountable as virtual drives.

• I was hoping to be able to mount a "folder backup" as a virtual drive as well. From your comments it sounds like this is not possible. Is that correct? Only "disk" or "partition" backups are moutable as a virtual drive?

Is there a reason why the "folder" backup is not mountable? Seems like this should work as well, why the limitation?

• Folder backups aren't usually mountable. If you want to able to constanty refer to the contents of your folder backups, you are probably better using using zip files. You can access those directly via windows explorer.

• I will do a disk backup instead of a file backup.

Thank you for your assistance! Great product!