Home AOMEI Products Support

Error Information Code:6

Similar to forum/discussion/291/error-information-code-6 image

When trying to create 2.5TB partition on new 3TB drive on Win8.1 both when launching AOMEI from Win8.1 as from WinPE-bootable CD created with AOMEI...
"Sorry, the current operation has been canceled! Information
Code: 6 Description: The partition table on the disk was failed to
update as the partition table is being locked by other programs, please
close other programs and retry."

Any help appreciated image

Comments

• Interactive, this problem makes sense if it's a drive actively being used by the system.  Booting from the WinPE disk ought to alleviate that.  I don't have the equipment to reproduce your problem (my computer's running Windows 7, and I don't own any drives larger than 1 TB), but I'd try the following:

1. Wipe out any existing partitions assuming the software allows it.

2. Create a new partition table and use GPT.  This is needed for drives greater than 2 TB.

3.  Ensure any partitions you create are formatted with a file system that can read them (NTFS for example). 

Please let us know if this helps or if you need more detailed instructions.

• Hi Daryl,

- The 3TB-drive wasn't being used (as far as I know: new drive, even disabled Bitdefender etc trying to identify which process was locking the drive).

- Booting with the WinPE-CD did not resolve the issue (exact same error).

- Just now converted drive via "Rebuild MBR" + Apply (succesful but of course only able to create 2TB-partition)

- and then converted back to GPT again + Apply and after that I was able to create new partitions larger than 2TB

Thx for support!

Peter

• Peter,

I'm glad you got it going, and you're welcome.  Hope it was helpful.

Daryl