Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

no backups after update 2.01--> 2.0.2

Hi,

I like your tool that it makes backups of folders and partitions as well. Even incremental partition backups!

(1)
I updated the win 7 freeware version from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 a few days ago. I have a few scheduled backups (visible in the windows taskplaner). The Updater removed the version 2.0.1 and installed the new version to C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 2.0.2\

The items in the taskplaner still point to the folder of the former version AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 2.0.1.
Because of the invalid path the backup did not run anymore.

If I open the "C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition 2.0.2\Backupper.exe" (GUI) I see all tasks and I can change the scheduler, backup information - but it doesn't update the the items in the taskplaner.

I changed the path of backupper.exe and the working directory in all scheduled tasks manually.
Since then the backupper GUI was able the change the items in the taskplancer.

Can you verify it: is an updated version able to modify the path of backupper.exe in the windows taskplaner item?

(2)
And I have a suggestion related to the taskplaner items:
Is it possible to set another default options? I especially ask for the feature to run a missed backup.
- The win7 version creates tasks in "windows server 2003" mode - this does not allow to set the option to run a missed backup (see below)
- execute a task if th user is not logged on is disabled - better: enable it
- settings tab: please enable the option to execute a missed backup. This would be very helpful for user pcs that could be off at a scheduled timestamp. I have a German Wndows version - and a German blog - but maybe the screenshots help to identify my changes
http://www.axel-hahn.de/blog/2014/08/20/aomei-backup-verpasste-backups-starten/

kind regards,
Axel

Comments

• Hello Axel,

Sorry for the late reply to your precious advice, we will forward it to our development staff. Have a good day!

Helen