Home AOMEI Products Support

New user with questions

I am about to use Backupper (as not 100% happy with ACronis True Image) do I also need the One Key Recovery? or is OKR included in the Backupper pro version?  not quite thrilled the OKR pro version has the features I like.  a now reaching $80.

Any ways , will the OKR version install another recovery partition on my SSD ?  In the PC's Disk Mgtmt I see that I already have a recovery partition, a EFI system partition and the C drive.

Comments

• edited June 2018
    OKR is not included in Backupper Pro. I do not use that program, but from what I understand, it is similar to the recovery partition that would be installed by your PC maker but is more robust and would not restore the OS with all the crapware your manufacturer includes in their recovery partition. Nor would it recover your OS to the time your manufacturer installed it but to the time you created it. It would be used when your OS becomes unusable due to corruption, missing files, etc. If your drive becomes unusable, it would not work but would require you to do a restore to a new drive from an image created by Backupper. 
    I not 100% sure, but I imagine it would add another partition to your drive containing the information it needs to function in a pre-windows environment. The other option is that it replaces the factory partition. Again, I'm not sure about that. And as far as the recovery partition you are seeing in Disk Mgtmt, it may not be a factory recovery partition but the 500mb one installed by Windows so you can use their repair functions in a pre-windows environment. 
    Is it necessary? Not really. If you have a current backup image created, you could use that to restore the system or disk (depending on what type of backup you created). That process would be much more time consuming than just repairing the OS using a factory installed recovery partition or OKR but would still work. That's the main reason I imagine people want OKR. Speed and ease of repair (and a repair to a current Windows version).
  • Thx. Thinking that if the PC is unusable, then might as well do an actual image restore with the backupper. The OKR does sound handy, but not if it creates a 4th partition.