Home Storage General Discussion

Empty drive deletion

Hello,

While I was moving some data the other day when a new drive named RECOVERY (Z) pops out. Without knowing where it came from, I tried to delete it since there isn’t anything in it but failed. I also tried to format or hide it, still not succeed. When I tried to format it, a message came and said that Windows was unable to format it. Is there anyone who can tell me what should I do?

Thanks

Scott

Comments

• Hi Scott,

When you describe "pops out", I'm guessing you mean popup while you are moving files?

This might have been installed by the  manufacture for your "recovery image" This partition is most likely protected and should be hidden...You can remove this with using Partition Assistant if you have no need for it. Then merge the empty space to your existing partition. 

• Hello buckitall,

Thank you for your help. I think I'd rather keep it for accidents are unexpected.

Scott

• How do I get help on this site, I have problem with hard drive too.  I only get an initial response requesting clarification and then everyone goes silent.  Did you ever get your issue resolve? If so can you please explain how? Thank you.

• Hi ronnieg,

As I said that accidents are unexpected, so I kept the RECOVERY(Z) and did nothing to it. Yes, my question has been solved. I have viewed your question, sorry but I'm not quiet understand it; It seems much more complex. maybe you should make it as simple as possible!