Home AOMEI Products Support

How Can I View Backed-Up Files?

I'm new to backing up files, and having trouble understanding all the lingo. Yesterday, I uninstalled WD Smartware on my laptop, and installed the new AOMEI Backupper 2.0.1. I backed up the C Drive (I think?) using System. Then I backed up my D Drive on Partition where I have many digital images & photo files. All seem to work fine and "normal".  I use WD MyBook 2.0 Terabyte external HD, with USB connection to my Sony Vaio Laptop running XP Home.

My main questions right now are how can I view my recently backed-up files using the AOMEI Backupper software? I'd like to actually SEE if I got what I wanted when backing up, which is basically everything in D Drive, as well as C Drive.

Next question is am I doing this total backup the correct way?

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I would appreciate any and all advice.

Comments

• Hello cajieboy,

Thank you for choosing our software. For starters, I want to clarify that if you want to create a system backup and enable it can be boot up after you restore it, you should choose System Backup or Disk Backup. Partition backup feature will only backup the data without boot information. Second, to view the content, you need to mount the image as virtual drive (for file-level backup, it need to be restored), please refer to this tutorial: http://www.backup-utility.com/features/image-file-explore.html

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Kim