Home AOMEI Products Support

Clone HDD will not boot

2»

Comments

• I cloned a Windows 10 1 Tb (with 89Gb used) drive to a 400 Gb, it appears to go fine.  Then when I replaced the source drive with the cloned drive, it boots and get to gets to the Windows initial logo and a small circle below constantly rotating forever. Amy ideas?

• @Gmtjr, Which software did you use to do the clone? Could you boot from the source drive and connect the target one, and then take a screenshot of Windows Disk Management so that we check? You can press Win+R, and then run "diskmgmt.msc" to open windows disk management.
  • What the HELL!!!  I purchased Aomei and I cannot clone one SSD to another identical SSD and have it be bootable in the end.  This is useless.  I see that MANY others have the same issue.  GARBAGE.  I am going online and reviewing Aomei  as 1 star everywhere that I can find unless someone will contact me with a solution.  I have wasted so much time.  Clonezilla works fine.  I just wanted something easier and faster. 
  • @Jrandal2, You have used  Clonezilla to complete the clone. Do you want to clone again via our software? We will check and help you further.
  • Wow! I just downloaded the AOMEI Standard that is supposed to flawlessly clone HDD to HDD.
    Have identical HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB - one has my last working Windows 10 PRO 64 bit
    My cursed Windows 10 Home crashed completely,  and now Pro keeps crashing. All restore is trying to do is to get rid of every non MS program on the drive.
    Used to use  Seagate Disk Wizard on my Seagate drives, then all of a sudden the cloned HD quit booting.
    The cloning software is actually Acronis. Pricy and dangerous. It actually destroyed 2 Seagate Baracuda drives by cloning. I mean destroyed sector after sectot to count of damaged sectors past 1300.
    So AOMEI to the rescue ??
    By reading this debate, I conclude I do not have unlimited supply of 2TB HDD to even  consider using AOMEI.
    Need to find a software that actually checks the HDD before any action (Brand new or not).
    If any errors, software should repair it of flag it before cloning, or uqit with meaningfull error.
    I agree with comments here: The cloned HDD must be 100% IDENTICAL, and boot just as the Source drive.
    The Cloned HDD must eb fully bootable in any other PC it is plugged into.
    My second question everyone is pussyfooting aroung is the difference between Cloning and Migrating.
    Selecting Migrating in my logical book means that the Source drive will no longer be bootable as system has migrated
    That is definitley not an option. Why is it even included? Is the software company bough off by Microsoft?
    Is that true?
    Wishing happy computing to every one.

• @AlfieAO34MEI, Our system migration actually is clone. It doesn't delete the original system.
  • So, if system migration is actually a clone, why are both Migration and Cloning separately offered? Is there any difference between them?
  • @Chrisj, Are you using AOMEI Partition Assistant? The system migration (Migrate OS or SSD) actually is system clone, which clone system partitions. There is another Disk Clone feature, which clone all partitions on the disk.