Home AOMEI Products Support

Want to change the SAN name on existing backups

edited October 2017 in AOMEI Products Support

As a result of a router upgrade, the path name of the SAN has change from case insensitive to case sensitive. Unfortunately, AEOMI backupper knows the route only with the old name. Is it possible to change change the path name, or do I have to delete the old backups and create new backup scenarios? Right now the AEOMI software churns and churns trying to connect to the SAN. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited October 2017

Quite possible after changing routers or updating the one you had, the destination was assigned a new IP address. That's what AOMEI is looking at. See if you can assign the original address to it again. If that fails, it might be easier to just delete the old backup job and just start a new one. In any case, it would be a good idea to give the destination a static IP address to avoid losing it again.

• Thank you.

• edited October 2017

Did changing the IP address work? Or did you just start over again?

You're welcome!

• Well, Backupper cannot change the destination to another IP address directly, you need to change to local drive first, and then change the destination path to another IP.

• What I found out is that when my router software upgraded with the new WiFi security patch and did a reboot the IP address of the NAS changed. (DHCP and all that.) I had to locate the NAS's IP address with a Segate utility. But, I had already deleted the AEOMI backup, so I don't know whether or not recovering the old backup files would have worked. I suspect that it would have, but of course, I don't really know. Based on Flyer's recommendaton, I found the GUI in the NAS that specified a fixed IP address and reverted the NAS to the former address.

Thanks everyone for your help. Best regards, Vic

• edited October 2017

Glad things worked out for you. Just remember, if you update or change routers again, the static IP address you assigned your NAS will be probably be changed or not remain static. Write down the current IP address so if it is ever changed, you will be able to reset it so AOMEI will continue to work. AOMEI "help" writers should probably put an asterisk about this when it explains how to set up a network share. Others (including me) have had the same problem you did when their IP changed and AOMEI stopped working.