Home AOMEI Products Support

missing operating system after merging two partitions with aomei

Hello and HELP!! I have an ASUS laptop with i5 windows 7 service pack1 and hdd 574gb as it says.When i went to disk management i saw a partition or volume (do not know the exact difference) with 21,49gb free(unallocated i think) and thought to merge it with c: where windows 7 were loaded.The partition with windows were at the right from the other partition with 21,49gb and could not extend volume.So i downloaded AOMEI and merged them, as i did one day before in another pc successfully.But now when starting pc says missing operating system.I did bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /fixboot (without the command bootrec /rebuildbcd be aware something goes wrong as it did) with the windows cd but nothing.These all hapened Friday.

Today when i opened laptop mbr is missing do not why.With installation disc opened cmd and here the results:

command list volume : volume 1 letter c system file raw size 574gb

command list partition : *partition 1 size 574gb relocation 21gb

command list disk : *disk 0 size 596gb free space 21gb

when i run aomei saw that the unallocated space was on the left AND OS with ntfs file system on the right.

That means the merge never completed dont know wasnt in front of the pc.
But what about raw, is the system file for unallocated space?The partition i care about is NTFS AND active why is unbootable?I am moving with AOMEI THE unallocated space to the right will it have some result or no?But it seems to be stucked 14%.Of course i do not want to lose my data.Help please 

Comments

• edited July 2017

What  I would try:

1. Install Aomei Backupper on another PC, and create WinPE bootable media (CD/DVD/USB) in the Utilities menu.

2. Run this WinPE on the problem PC, so booting from this DVD...

3. In the utilities menu goto Command prompt and check if the 574 GB C: drive is still readable (files and folders are present etc.)

4. Make a partition backup in this WinPE from the 574 GB C: and other partitions you want to save on an external drive.

5. In Command prompt goto Diskpart and Clean your 600 GB disk. (list disk, select disk #, Clean, Exit). everthing will be gone on that disk.

6.Install a fresh Windows 7 from your installation DVD.

7. If a new Windows boots fine than all important system files are back.

8. Boot from the WinPE again and restore the 574 GB backup to C:

9. Boot the PC. With a little luck, the combination of new system and restored C: will boot.

if not:

1. Clean the disk again with diskpart

2. Make 2 partitions C: and D: like 570 GB and 25 GB

3. Install Windows 7 again, but now on D:

4. Restore that backupped old C: to the new and empty C: partition.

5. Start the fresh installed Windows 7 (D:) and install EasyBCD

6. Add the Windows on C: to the Bootmenu with EasyBCD

7. Boot again, you can now Choose: Start new Windows 7 (D:) or old Windows 7 (C:)

8. If everything works, you can delete the new Windows 7 from the bootmenu and delete D: and add that space to C: