Home AOMEI Products Support

"Checking Media Fail" when booting to cloned SSD

This is far a Dell Inspiron 5547

SSD cloned from 1TB HDD to 275 Gb SSD using Backupper Standard 4.0.4 Disk Clone.

Backupper running in Windows 10

Used the optimize for SSD option

Both HDD and SSD are GPT

UFEI boot set to enabled and legacy boot off

Secure boot is off but may have been set to Enabled originally

When booting from the cloned SSD intalled in the laptop is see a brief message "Checking Media" and then "Fail" appears. This happens twice followed by a  blue screen that the system may need to be reinstallled or cannot connect to the drive.

If I leave all setting the same and put the HDD back in there are no boot problems

I have gone through the clone process twice with no indication of errors or problems from Backupper.

Where may I be going wrong?  Does Standard handle secure boot?

Ray M

Comments

• edited July 2017

I don't know why. Looks like you did everything right.

What happens if you make a disk backup (or system backup) to an external HDD and then restore to the SSD.

Clean the SSD with Diskpart first.

Of course the SSD may be broken. Did you test before if it works as a data disk?

• So make a Backupper boot flash drive first to boot from with the SSD installed and then restore from the backup HDD?

• Yes. or alternative way: restore to the SSD while connected through USB and then swap drives. Shouldn't matter.

• Please delete all partitions on target drive and clone again to see if it works.