Home AOMEI Products Support

Importing system images made on another Server Win 2008 to different server same OS

Hi All,

I made 5 system back ups of my 2008 sbs server before a Migration with AOMEI Backupper Server version.

I havre receovred those from a External USB drive, 

But wish to restore one of them on a newer Server which is running same Win 2008 OS and version of AOEMI.

But when I load image to restore it says eitehr Version of AOBUP is different, ( which it is not) image is damaged ( don't beleiave so as size of them is correct. ( is there a way I can check that what I recoevered is ok?)

I have been able to import / export the log file, so AOEMI knows they are there but how does one under utiltities section import the images, bit confused here.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Comments

• Can you explore them (under utilities menu)?

Can you restore through bootable media (WinPE)?

Just select path in Restore to select images on the external USB. 

The  backup task does not need to be present in the Home tab, but will be added automatically when explored.

• Hi and thank for reply.

Not tried those options yet, only from where I saved receovred images from onto main drive of new server. But I shal do thanks. I sthere anyway to check if the image/s I recovered using a recoevery program called EasyUs ( yes AOEMI has the same but didn't find them) are okay? II know you check intregrity of a back up when you make one. But what about after?  Thanks Phil

• Don't know EasyUS but EaseUS is a backupprogram from a competitor. Not compatible.

Aomei images should be explored and restored with Aomei.

• Thanks for reply.

yes Easy US is a comeptiitor to AOEMI and like handy recovery dose hard drive etc recovery.

bruce form AOMEI support last email suggested a way to get this image adi one receovred, but It was created with Server version and he used profesional as his example.

He hasn't answered if it at al possible to somehow import between versions, but I shal research here if it is ( as in othe rposts) and give WinPE a try.

Thanks

Phil