Home AOMEI Products Support

How to clone a drive to a different machine hardware

Im trying to clone a drive and boot from it on a new machine.   How do I do this? I tried a system clone and I didnt see anything to allow for dissimiliar hardware.

Comments

• when I clone the drive and put it in another machine of the same exact hardware. It just reboots over and over at the windows loading screen.

• The clone feature doesn't support dissimiliar hardware, please try System Backup and Universal Restore.

• Does not even migrate the system work?

Print: http://ap.imagensbrasil.org/image/jVZvRm

• where are the details for how to do system back and restore?  Is this a supported method?

• Download backupper. Goto Backup -> disk backup and make an image on a external disk.

(I don't know if one can backup to the same disk as the one being backupped)

Plug in the new external drive (usb or internally) restore from the backup image on the external disk to the new drive. Mind that the new drive should have the same partition style as the old one, GPT or MBR. Otherwise convert to the same style with Diskpart.

If you only have one USB cable, you should make Bootable media (DVD/USB) from the utilies menu swap disks, boot from the DVD/USB and restore.