Home AOMEI Products Support

Files are locked

Hello,

We have the following issue.

We use a Synology NAS to store all of our photos. The folders are accessible via a share \\ipsynology\photo\

Because we want some extra backups of this photos we created a backup task with the following settings:

* File/folder backup

* source: \\ipsynology\photo\

* Destination \\ipsecondaryNAS\01.Backups\

* weekly full backup

We use Aomei Backupper Server 4.0.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Every time the backup stops and we see the following error: the above files are being used by other programs, so is unable to backup them. You can then click Retry, Skip or Cancel. When you hit Skip, the backukp continuous, but off course the "locked" files aren't in the backup.

I've already rebooted the Synology NAS and rebooted the server on which Aomei is installed, but that doesn't help.

When I exclude the files, which seems to be locked, the backup task runs fine. 

Also when I create a new backup task with only those files included it also works. 

Why Aomei keeps saying these files are locked?

Comments

• edited April 2017

Don't know why but:

Is it possible to use Aomei's built in technique instead of VSS? 

See Menu-Settings-Tab VSS (or v.v.) or see Backup Options-Tab VSS

or

Is it possible to backup when booting from Aomei Bootable media (WinPE of Linux CD)

• Can you show us the files that were locked?

• Hello,

The problem is solved. Some of the filenames were too long and Aomei couldn't process those files. After renaming the files, everything works.

Maybe the error should say that the filenames are too long, instead of saying that the files are in use ;-).