Home AOMEI Products Support

Unable to perform backup

I have used backerupper for sever years without any problems. the other day I upgraded to 4.0.2. From then on I have received a statment ; unable to perform full, incremental or dirrerantal backup for image file stored on cd/dvd. please copy image from cd/dvd to local disk if I want to perform backup for current task. My backup is on a Toshiba storage drive connected by a usb cable. I can not find any files to put on the local disk. I can not backup, or restore. I tried putting the 3.5 version back on and in the same boat. Nothing works, please someone help me find a solution

Len

Comments

• The "Toshiba storage drive", is it an external hard drive? And what is the source?

• Admin thank you for your response.

The toshiba drive is an external drive. Late yesterday I tried to eject the drive but said it could not because something was running and to sutdown first. I could not find anything running so I opted to shutdown the computer,. At this point windows 10 wanted to do an update. When I turned the computer back on Aomei backupper program was working, it even recognized the new backup I put on between reloading the program. I had taken 4.0.2 off and put on 3.5, did a backup that did not allow me to add to or restore. I then went back to a copy I had installed on my external drive to try. Again it would not allow any additions or restoreing. I'm not sure if the shutdown of the computer solved the problem or if the windows 10 trying to do an update caused the problem. May even been a combination of both. I'm happy to report that all is well and working as expected.

Thank you again and I hope this information is of some help.

Len

• Please copy the backup image to your local drive to see if it works.