Home AOMEI Products Support

Rescue CD fail to work at boot

Hi, I have instaled Backupper Pro on my Windows 10 AU laptop. I have created an image of my C drive successfully. I then created a rescue CD using the inbuilt instructions for WinPE. That failed to boot the laptop. I then created a Linux CD. That failed to boot. I then created an iso for legacy devices and burnt a CD using ImageBurn. That failed to boot also.

I obviously need to create a CD that works but I don't know where to go from here! Earlier, I successfully created a Macrium Reflect rescue disk with no problems at all.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you.

Comments

• I should have said, the CD will will lrun but the system comes up with a blue screen saying Recovery is needed and that wfplwfs.sys is in error or missing. I cannot get past that stage. That file shows in the right folder. All I can do is to turn off the laptop to get out of this. I really need to get this working so would apprecoate some assistance.

Thanks

• Now getting the above but with Error 0x00000098.

• What is the boot mode of your computer now? It is UEFI or legacy? Please try to create the bootable CD to boot again. And also hope you can take a picture for the error message when you boot it to us.. Waiting for your reply.