Home AOMEI Products Support

Target computer wont restart after disc clone

edited October 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi all, new to these functions, but I followed the manual and the cloning appeared to be successful, but the receiving computer wont reboot to the cloned drive. Ticked the restart box at the final stage of the cloning, but cannot get it the fire up. Probabll something I have overlooked, but any help would be great. Regards.

Comments

• edited October 2016

Do both Source and Target PC/drive have the same partitioning method, MBR (for BIOS/Legacy) or GPT (for UEFI)? If not convert the target drive to the same as the source drive and clone or restore again. 

If the source PC is UEFI based and the target PC only supports BIOS than I don't think it is possible to clone unless you convert the source PC to legacy/MBR and install Windows again from scratch.

if the source PC is BIOS and the target PC is UEFI then you should convert the target PC to Legacy mode and the drive to MBR.

Finally, did you try holding Left Shift key when starting from the new drive. It sometimes helped me.

• Thanks Johnny. @geobee how did you connect the destination disk to do the clone?

What is the error message you get when you boot the cloned disk.