Home AOMEI Products Support

Files Missing After Restore

Hey everyone, thanks in advance for the help. I recently restored my data after a crash and found that some files are missing. Or maybe the files are there but inaccessible? Here are some details...

-I'm using Aomei Backupper Standard on a PC with Windows 10 Home (64-bit).

-I restored the backup to a fresh, reformatted external hard drive.

-The backup was of my entire primary hard drive with the OS, not just some files. There were no partitions.

-I tested the backup with the Check Image function and found no errors.

-Aomei displayed that the backup restore completed successfully.

When I go into the restored files under C:/Users/Peter (my name, the only user on the OS), where most of my files should be, I get the error, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." When I cursor over the folder, Windows says the folder is empty.

No idea what could have caused this. Any direction on this would be a huge help. Thanks again!

Comments

• edited October 2016

You have restored to F: while your current OS is on C:

Not having access via Windows Explorer to another copy of OS is a known problem of Windows. Use another explorer like Q-dir.exe or try accessing F: via Command prompt Cmd.exe. You can even peep via Words Open File. Everything but Explorer will work. Even Aomei File Backup, Add File option.

• Johnny, you nailed it! The files were there after all, and I'm able to access them with no trouble using Q-Dir. Thanks so much for your help.

• edited October 2016

Thanks  Johnny, We are happy that your guy solve the problem.