Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper - dik/partition sector by sector issue

Hello

Is it possible to make proper sector-by-sector image with AOMEI Backupper backup option? I've chosen the option but...in fact the image size of 30GB partition has 2GB and it looks like the drive free space hasn't been "imaged". I used other company drive imagers and created sector-by-sector copy for Data Recovery purposes. Is it possible in AOMEI?

Comments

• What is the size of used space in that partition? You do the disk backup or partition backup?

Please try to backup again with the sector by sector way.

• For instance I made test 30GB partition. After backup (byty by byte option) image file has about 10GB. I attach such image as virtual partition in Windows Explorer. When I scan it with Data Recovery program it doesn't detect removed files stored in "free space".

• edited September 2016

Yes, you are right, it will backup the removed files in the partition.

• edited September 2016

Ok, so why it there is also option: "make exact backup"? Is it possible to make sector-by-sector copy in AOMEI Backupper? How about Clone menu?

• Sorry we give you the wrong information. It will backup the removed file not the page file. You said that you cannot see that files when you explore it. Yes, you are right. Please try to restore it and you will see them. Sorry again.  Yes, you can do the sectot by sector clone.

• Ok. So if I do partion backup with byte-to-byte option is it the same as partition imaging? Because after I've mounted such image and ran Data Recovery application it wasn't able to find "removed files".

• Yes, if you do the partition backup and restore, it is the same as the partition copy.