Home AOMEI Products Support

Help with System Restore

Hello, I am not very knowledgable when it comes to this type of stuff and need someone to explain what this note I am getting means.

Recently my Hard Drive started failing which i found out because my computer wouldn't boot up. I eventually managed to boot it for long enough to create a system backup of my entire hard drive onto an external hard drive.

I then replaced the failing hard drive with a new one. I installed windows 10 onto the new hard drive so I could re-download AOMEI Backupper. So now I plugged in the external hard drive with the system backup and started AOMEI Backupper.

I chose restore then selected the system backup from my external hard drive. I get the message "The program detects the selected backup is a system image, would you like to do a system restore?".

I choose yes, and select the backup point to restore. However when I select the destination to restore to I get this note in the bottom.

imagesnip.PNG

Should I just click next and start the system restore or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• This should work.

However, it is safer to first make a bootable USB disk with Backupper (you find this option in Backupper in the Utilities section, called Create Bootable Media).

Then boot from the USB stick and then restore from your external HD using the copy of Backupper on the USB stick.

• There is the win10 in the destination disk. If you choose the C drive as the destination, it will be covered. So the win10 cannot boot anymore. You can just do the restore, if the system backup image is ok.