Home AOMEI Products Support

Unable to boot from USB - aomei preos mode preventing boot from usb

edited September 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello

I used aomei partition assistant to reorder(move) my partitions in order to dual boot my pc with linux.

My Pc booted into preos mode to complete the process. after that, I made a bootable usb to install linux. But anytime I boot from the USB i end up with a blank screen and my Pc restarts couple of times and end up in the same blank screen.

But when i used a windows 10 ootable usb, it works fine.

The reason am sure its the aomei preos is because when am starting my Pc, i get "loading.....(something i forgot), but the same message came when the aomei preos during the initial stage of moving my partitions.

i read online and I was asked to boot into WinPE and delete ampa.exe, but then i jux went directly to my c:/windows and deleted ampa.exe files (there were two of them)

but I cant still boot from my bootable linux usb.

Please help. Thanks

Comments

• "I used aomei partition assistant to reorder(move) my partitions in order to dual boot my pc with linux."

We do not know how you reoder or move the partitions with Partition Assistant?

Please tell us the operation you do step by step.

" I made a bootable usb to install linux"

What is the bootable USB? It is just a WINPE?

Or, it just a bootable linux drive.

"my Pc restarts couple of times and end up in the same blank screen."

Your system in the computer cannot boot now?

"the same message came when the aomei preos during the initial stage of moving my partitions."

Did you finish the operation that the Partition Assistnat runs?

"i read online and I was asked to boot into WinPE and delete ampa.exe,"

You are in the dead recycle boot into the PreOS mode?

Sorry we do not get you very clearly.

Hope you can give us more details.