Home AOMEI Products Support

Edit a comment for a incremental backup version

When doing incremental backups I usually add a comment for that particular version/backup.

Is it somehow possible to change/edit that comment after the backup has been made? Or is it somehow possible to delete the latest version of the incremental backup but keep all the previous versions?

Reason I ask is I use incremental backups to assure I can get back when installing lots of new stuff to my system and whenever there is a problem with a product I install I restore my system to the point prior to the last version/incremental backup.

Let's say I'm about to install 10 products on my system. Installing products 1-5 goes well but when installing product 6 that doesn't end up the way I like. I then restore my system to the state prior to installing product 6. Next product to install would then be product 7 since I now know product 6 wasn't good. However the comment for my last version still reads "Before product 6" and this is what I would like to change to "Before product 7". Or if it's not possible to edit the comment being able to simply delete the last version would also work so I instead end up with the latest version reading "Before product 5".

Can I somehow do any of these two options...editing a comment or deleting the last version of an incremental backup?

Comments

• I just learned by doing some experimenting that simply deleting the last versions of an incremental backup works just fine. Obviously it would have been even better if you could edit the comment rather than delete the latest version and then make another backup/version in order to be able to have another comment to go with the latest version but better than nothing.

Thought I would share this with anyone else who might have the same question.

• "Is it somehow possible to change/edit that comment after the backup has been made? "

No, you cannot change the comment on one existed backup task. Sorry, we will add this feature in the future.

"Or is it somehow possible to delete the latest version of the incremental backup but keep all the previous versions?"

Yes, but you need to delete it manually in the location where you save the backup images.