Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI PE Builder 1.5 Add Files Problem

I am using AOMEI PE Builder version 1.5, I have a problem trying to use the add files feature, when I click it I get a file selector box which is locked to the wildcard *.ini and I cannot select any of my portable apps .exe files.

Is this intended ?, I looked at some YouTube videos of users adding files in version 1.4 and the file selector box starts with the wildcard *.* so .exe portable apps can be selected.

Comments

• For driver, you need to add the "inf" file. But for the program, you need to add the green folder of that program not the "exe" file.

• edited September 2016

Thanks for your reply,

What do you mean by add the green folder ?

Why does the selector box insist on selecting an .ini file NOT an .exe file, where do I get such a file ?

• Did you download the WINPE version of another program?

Please sedn us the screenshot of the choosing  "ini" page.

Waiting for your reply.

• edited September 2016

This is the AOMEI PE Builder V1.5 installer, not portable version, I have attached the screenshot of the problem when trying to select  portable apps to add to the build, the file selector box is locked  to *.ini files and I cannot select an .exe file, v1.4 does not have this problem.

imageAOMEI PE Builder Add Files.jpg

• edited September 2016

imageThe problem is that you choose the "add file", you need to choose the "add folder"

• OK, so this has changed since version 1.4, so what is the *.ini file used for ?