Home AOMEI Products Support

I am a newbie to AOMEI, and not exactly tech savvy, please help with my queries if you can.

edited August 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

A big hello to everyone on the forum.

1.  I have a Dell Inspiron desktop pc with Windows 10.

2.  I created a recovery (rescue?) usb stick (with added system on it as per windows 10 "update and security settings" guide).  Is that ok or should I have created it within AOMEI?

3.  I downloaded and installed the free AOMEI Backupper.

4.  Then I did a system backup to a usb external drive.  But, should I have done a "disk" backup because I already have system on the usb stick?

5.  When I look at the backup file type on the usb external drive it is shown as an adobe reader document  - is this weird or normal?

Cheers, from lesqld.

Comments

• "2.  I created a recovery (rescue?) usb stick (with added system on it as per windows 10 "update and security settings" guide).  Is that ok or should I have created it within AOMEI?"

Did you create it? You can create with the AOMEI Backupper.

1. Create the bootable USB with AOMEI Backupper. 2. Do a system backup and save the backup image to the USB.

"4.  Then I did a system backup to a usb external drive.  But, should I have done a "disk" backup because I already have system on the usb stick?"

If you just need to protect the system, the system backup is ok.

"5.  When I look at the backup file type on the usb external drive it is shown as an adobe reader document  - is this weird or normal?"

Yes, it is the ADI file.

• Thanks for the information admin.  Perhaps I should create the bootable usb in AOMEI to keep it "all in the family" and not crossing over with the windows 10 bootable disk procedure.

Does the AOMEI system backup contain all my windows 10 program files, as well as my others such as microsoft office suite?  I don't know how to view the system backup to see what is in there.

Finally, if I did an AOMEI file backup, I guess I would have to keep that by itself (and with nothing else) on a separate external disk?

Sorry for so many questions, but hopefully these last two will be all I need to ask for quite a while!!

• "Does the AOMEI system backup contain all my windows 10 program files, as well as my others such as microsoft office suite?  I don't know how to view the system backup to see what is in there"

Yes, it will contain all the programs. But for the microsoft programs, when you do the restore, maybe it is not activated. 

"Finally, if I did an AOMEI file backup, I guess I would have to keep that by itself (and with nothing else) on a separate external disk?"

Yes, you can do it in that way. If you want to see the contents of the backup image, you can explore it with the AOMEI Backupper.

• Thanks admin, very helpful to me.

Cheers.