Home AOMEI Products Support

Does scheduled backup task use the latest full backup automatically?

Hello,

I have several scheduled backup tasks, that have my initial full backup and then several incremental backups that have been created by AOMEI Backupper over time. Now I am wondering, if I create a full backup manually using each task's backup menu, does those tasks then "understand" that from now on the next scheduled incremental backup will be made based on that full backup I just created? And then I can delete all old incremental backup files and the original full backup file? I tried to search answer for this but couldn't find anything.

Comments

• Of course you could make a full backup manually. Also you could try scheme backup. More detail view here:http://www.backup-utility.com/help/backup-scheme.html

• Yes, I know I can do that manually, but I would like to know if new scheduled incrementals are based on that latest full backup, or the one that I originally made ages ago. Because that depends if I can delete previous full backup and all incremental backups up to the day I made this new full copy, OR should I still keep them all, in case I need to restore files later. Like this:

1. Full backup
    2. Scheduled incremental backup

3. Scheduled incremental backup

20. Scheduled incremental backup

21. Full backup done manually

22. Scheduled incremental backup

23. Scheduled incremental backup

So, my question is, if I need to restore my files, is it enough that I only keep Full backup 21 and automatically created incremental backups 22 and 23, and I can safely delete backups 1-20? I am using Backupper Standard so I don't have schemes available.

• Of course you can do that, an incremental backup is based on the last backup.

• Ahh great, thank you! I wasn't sure if scheduled backup and manual backup would understand each other but good that it does! :)