Home AOMEI Products Support

'Loading system ...' Error ... Uninstall Aomie partition standard edition .. Windows 8

http://www.disk-partition.com/forum/discussion/144/uninstall-aomie-partition-standard-edition/p1

i have the same exact problem as told in this thread. This was solved by logging into safe mode and uninstalling AOMEI software. I am using Windows 8 laptop and i tried hard to enter this safe mode by pressing F8 (or) Shift + F8 . Nothing worked. Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but please advise.

Comments

• Hello vendatta,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered. In your situation, you may use an universal WinPE tool which supports manage files. And then boot from the media to delete a file called ampa.exe in this directory "C:\Windows" to have a try.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Removed ampa.exe

Still the same problem

Old version won't uninstall and new version won't install

This is the worst freeware I have ever encountered

• To enter safe-mode for windows 8...

Windows 8 Startup Settings

• I have found that the problem arises because the 5.6.2 'upgrade' to 5.6.3 relies on the 5.6.2 files remaining. Instead of being an upgrade it operates as a patch-up if you alrady have 5.6.2 This is a bit unusual given that it is only a small program.

So either

a) completely and separately uninstall 5.6.2 using an uninstaller BEFORE installing 5.6.3

or,

b) allow 5.6.3 to install over 5.6.3 but don't allow any uninstaller software to do any cleanup etc during the uninstall process

a) is the better way to go.

If you are stuck in no man's land then get a copy of 5.6.2 and re-install it. That way you can then do a) or b) and move to 5.6.3

Doing this removes the 'worst freeware I have encountered' label. :)

• Just a note to what I see here. I could not install in windows 8.1 as the installer said

c:\windows\system32\ampa.sys    "access is denied" .....this is the reason I want to convert from NTFS to FAT32.  I got message....reinstall as load driver failed.