Home AOMEI Products Support

After creation of recovery partition, automatically boot into Windows

After creating the recovery partition, on boot I know get a screen that asks me to chose which operating system I would like to boot into: either Windows or AOMEI recovery. Even setting Windows to the default and the timer to 3 seconds I still get stuck on this screen. Is there a way to hide the recovery option until it is needed? Ideally, I just want to boot into Windows until I chose to launch the backup/recovery winpe environment. 

Comments

• edited February 2016

use visual bcd editor, from Bo Yans (boyans.net), version  0.9.0.1 (not 0.9.3.1) and change the display sequence on the bootmgr, excluding the recovery environment. You can also change the timer to 0 instead.

BootIce also has an accessible BCD editor but I don't know its reliability. (http://www.usbdev.ru/files/bootice/, version is 1.3.3.2)

Or try EasyBCD from neosmart.net (it is free for noncommercial, just scroll down, click Register, and then click Download to get it.

I would use, personally, Visual BCD, but I have already played with it exactly on the OKR subject.

• +there is an option menu in OKR, just press the gear symbol and configure it .

(I did not verify specifically for this comment to ensure it works in your situation, but I test-used it earlier and then it worked).

• "Is there a way to hide the recovery option until it is needed?"

You can close it, but when your system is crashed, you need to press the bootable menu.

Please do not choose the second one.