Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot merge 2 discs

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello, please help me understand why I cannot merge two hard discs:

hard disk C: with Windows 7 + hard disc D: without allocated space.

I also tried to create unallocated space on the end of C: (see screenshot) and/or creare NTFS partition on D:

Unfortunately, does not work. Please, help. Thanks!

Comments

• imageCannotMerge.png

Sorry, this is my screenshot

• 2) From the screen shot and the text, you should checkmark both C: and unallocated on disk 1 and then Merge should work. But it would be better to simply Resize partition C: It is strange that the unused space on C:, and the unallocated space, have both exactly the same size.

1) One cannot merge two different hard disks, disk 1 and disk 2, into one combined space, or "partition". This is not the idea.

• Thanks, Peter13feb!

(Unfortunately, merging 2 different hard discs into one is what I want. Something like this http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-turn-old-hard-drives-into-one-large-drive-in-windows/.)

• There you have the instructions and I wouldn't do it. It is not usually done. And PA does not need to be able to do it. I would not combine an SSD and a hard disk and your smaller disk seems SSD. I would not combine C: with something. Both are asking for trouble.The instructions are for combining two small data disks of 200 and 300GB into one 500GB, it would make sense.

Another possibility is to mount the second disk (that is the partition on it) as a folder of the first disk, in the same disk management console This is instead of assigning a drive letter. (Change drive letter, button New... or so my computer is non-english). Then disk 2 is c:\Users\username\disk2 or so.

• Thanks Peter13feb ,

koki , Sorry for that Aomei Partition Assistant cannoot meger the aprtition in different two disk.

Maybe you can create the RAID0, if it is raid0, you can merge it.