Home AOMEI Products Support

New to program

edited February 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello  I have Win 10  and have read the tuorials for hours

I am trying to image my computer along with the reserve partition. I first chose 'disc image' and it did back up and restore with the rescue media.

However, when I selected an incremntal backup to target that full image, it said the path was wrong -regardless of what I did.

I have since created a new image but this time I used 'sytem backup' instead of 'disc backup'. I have not tried to peform an incremental nor have I restored it with the rescue media because I need some advice about what I may be doing wrong.

** 1st I created a folder in 'This PC' and just date it. Previously I wrote "Aomei with the date" perhaps this is why the path was wrong.

Could you please help me to backup my system with the reserve partiion and be able to restore it. Also, how do I create an incremental backup that can be attched to the image I want? Everything was fine until I tried to backup the incremental. Maybe it was due to my restoring that image?

Thank you

Comments

• yes it was because of restore. You overwrote the information Backupper keeps about backups, when you did the restore operation of the full disc. The backup contains the state before it runs, and Recovery restores this state. Therefore the backup is not known after restore.

What you can do to try: you can begin Recovery,
    indicate the Path, and then Cancel, and Backupper knows again about the
    full backup. As far as I know. Then the middle button, Backup, is able to do incremental backups.