Home AOMEI Products Support

Win 10 on Surface 3 - Partition Backup Step 1 cannot see drive "c"

I'm running Backupper 3.2 with Windows 10 on a Surface 3. I'm having trouble with step 1 of partition backup. There is no drive "c" to choose.

Comments

• For the question:Aomei Backupper cannotrecognize the disk.

Solution:

Running AOMEI Backupper under Windows

1.Please make sure the drive is listed under Windows Disk Management.

2. Please check the type of this drive.Backupper doesn’t support eMMC storage device.

3. Please check whether or not the drive is4096 bytes per sector. You can install and run Partition Assistant:

http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html, then rightclick a partition on the drive--select Properties--File System Info to checkit.

Backupper doesn’t support drives with 4096 bytes per sector.

4. Please check whether or not you haveencrypted the drive. If so, please decrypt it. After completing the operation,you can encrypt it again.

5. Please check whether or not the drive isa dynamic disk. Backupper doesn’t support backing dynamic disk by using DiskBackup.

Please use System Backup or Partition Backupto back up it.

• This feature is needed fro aomei - I found that Macrium Reflect can backup Surface 3 emmc no problem

• Sorry for the inconvenience, we will improve it quickly. We appreciate other software can help user to solve the peoblem, but our software has many special functionalities, when you need, please contact us.