Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition won`t restore

edited April 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I backed up my C which had my os ( windows 8.1 ) aside with the apps on it , I fresh installed windows 8.1 and I wanted to restore my partition .

when I try to restore on the os partition windows crashes on me and restarts , how can I restore my partition ? .

Comments

• Hello nayef,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered, could you please tell us what is the feature you used to create the backup. And do you mean after you restore the OS, it cannot boot? 

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• it's partition back up , no it crashes when I restore from the program itself.

• Hi nayef,

Is there any error message? You may create AOMEI Backupper Winpe boot media and then boot from the media to start the restoration.

In addition, you should have used the System Backup feature to backup your OS, otherwize you cannot boot the disk after restore OS. The partition backup is mainly used for backup data partition. And if you use Partition Backupper feature, you may miss backing up the System Reserved partition, too. When you restore the OS you have to restore the two partition one by one and you need to rebuild MBR, repaire BCD file.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hello.

I'm writting to you, because the system image could not restore. I have a hyper-v installed win7(clean install with chrome added) on a 30GB (virtual fixed size)disk. I made a backup on another (virtual)disk, downloaded your iso file, because creating a bootable disk wasn't succesful with your program. Then I created another 30GB (virtual)disk, replaced it with system disk, but when I want to restore it, it says that I need more space...around 150MB. Why does it do that and how can I fix that problem? I tried to expand disk and it worked, but then I asked myself...what if i had 1TB physical disk and tried to restore it, and it would say there isn't enough space...the only option would be to buy a newer, bigger disk.

And one more thing...I also tried to bacup windows server 2012r2 (luckily virtual)...it didn't complete backup, said that restarting could fix that problem, but system crashed and never got up again.

Please help

• Hello joe626,

Welcome for posting your questions here. This is not normal, in order to solve this problem in the fastest way, could you allows us to offer remote assistance? Our technicians will do their best to help you in this issue.

Best Regards,

Kim