Home AOMEI Products Support

AOmiebackuperPro. Reported Unwanted Software Page!

I just ordered and paid for AOMIE Backuper Pro.

When I clicked the link to download the File, FireFox Spat it out with the following warning:-

"Reported Unwanted Sostware Page!

This web page at dl.mycommerce.com has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Unwanted software pages try to install software that can be deceptive and affect your system in unexpected ways."

I looked on the web for clues as to the origin of this report and could only find one report that came close.

That site reported malware within a program called loadeditabpro.exe. 

Having convinced myself that the report I received when downloading ABPro was a mistake I downloaded it anyway, but when I went to run it. The Screen went green and I received the following message (I'm running Win 10 by the way).

"Windows Protected your PC.

Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognised App from starting. Running this app might might put your PC at risk

APP ABPro.exe

Publisher Unknown"

The suggestion was that the software had other malware programs loaded in it.

When I down loaded it it came from a site http://dl.mycommerce.com/wgt/9ae15daa864bfb4c/b9e803d026bcac065dd0c1388c2237d02ee011fd9c0656ccb01f45748d095153/rn_v23138/ABPro.exe

Can any one verify this is the correct dowload site or suggest a nonficshing pointer to the paid for backuper software?

Regards

Comments