Home AOMEI Products Support

Partition backup help needed

edited January 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

Some times ago I performed a partition backup, from my Windows 7 Machine to Synology NAS.

I did not checked the final result of the backup, but apparently did not went very well .... It' not a system

backup but a data partition.

Now I try to restore it, and each time I get an error message " The Image file is incorrect. This file seems incomplete...."  

The backup file size is big around 200Gb which reflects what I tried to backup.

Anyway is there a way or tool/command line that can be used to explore what has been backuped and extract at least some files that I am looking for.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

• HI,wind06
    Sorry for the inconvenience. As for this issue you encountered. You can go to Backupper and check your image or you can explore image to enter handle the data you wanted to .As you can see below:

• Hi Neo,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately this did not work for me. Trying to Explore or Check image is giving me the error message:

"Invalid image file.This file may be not complete or has been damaged, or it does not match with the current software version"

So I'm wondering if some tools exist to fix such issues, or tools that can open it and extract some files ....  If I open the file with a Hexviewer, I can see at least names of files ....

• You do the partition backup before, now you want to restore it. The problem is that yopu correct the wrong image.

But how about the partition you backuped now?

Is it crashed or foramtted? Maybe you need to backup it again.

• Hi,

Sorry for not coming back earlier, but I am travelling at the moment.

Yes I do a Partition backup, apparently it went not very well, but did not noticed it ' my Fault '

Now I losed some files or folders that I cannot recover using an Un-delete tool. and so would like to either restore part of full of my backup.

but each time I tried to open the backup file I get the error I mentioned. So wiondering is a tool exist that can help me to open and extract partially files that have been correctly backuped if any.

Maybe there is no way to do it with possible corrupted files, or is there a tool to correct or fix backup corrupted files ?

• We are very very sorry for all of that.

The image is corrupt, so our Aomei Backupper cannot to restore it again.

The only way is to recover the data in the partition in your computer not the image with the professional tools.

You said you use the Un-delete and try to recover the data, maybe you can try to use another one. Sorry again.

• No problem, many thanks for your answers. Will try to find out how to recover files. 

In case I found something I will post a reply.