Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Onekey system recovery

edited January 2016 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

I just had one question, I am trying to restore my system using amoei onekey recovery using previously created aomei recovery partition. 

My question is this:

The recovery size of said recovery partition is approximately 190GB, how long should it take to restore the system?

Comments

• 190GB?? You should really consider getting a separate drive for all your "Personal" files and keep them on there. This way when you do your backup it will just be only your "System" files and not all your Pictures, Videos etc. 190GB is ridiculious.

• relating original question, copy speed on an internal disk is about 30MB/sec (7200rpm, 9msec access time), that makes roughly 90 GB per hour. This is reading and writing on the same disk.

As a side note, It will be faster when one restores something from an external USB3 disk, because then one can get up to 100MB/sec - yet from the bootable AOMEI media I don't know if it contains the drivers to would attain that speed.

• edited January 2016

Thanks for the response guys, well its been over 12 hours and its reached 32% 

The system backup is large as i have a high amount of games installed with a bit of other crap on it. I have about 7.5tb of external storage that is full. So the rest of the crap on my system is occupying space untill i get a new external HDD.

As soon as the system is restored (if it ever completes) i am defiantly intending to create a new system back up of a clean install containing drivers and essential programs/tools only.

If for some reason the system wont restore in a humanly normal manner, is there a way i can get data [files, videos etc] from system backup after clean install?

• Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks for your responses but i have worked it out, i finally bit the bullet and clean installed windows, then backupper and am restoring system image as i write this. Its currently "moving data" @ speeds of between 60mb/s - 80mb/s with an estimated 50 minutes remaining time

• yes one can mount partitions from Utilities->Explore Image and pull data from there.