Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper - Surface 3

Using Backupper Standard 3.2.  I have no issues with backups or restores on other pcs but on my Surface 3 notebook, Im unable to do a backup image because Aomei does not see the system partition.

I dont know if this has to do with how the Surface 3 doesnt have a traditional SSD or Hard Drive but rather has an eMMC type drive

Is this a known issue?

Comments

• can you identify the disk is GPT or MBR style? what is diskpart telling (if you know how to work with)?

(it does barely depend on the hardware kind of disk, but firstly on what is the partition table style on the disk. And in addition secondly it could well be that it does not have a traditional UEFI firmware and therefore no ESP is provided, but the windows boot loader is somewhere else firmware only knows. And simply reinstalling plain Windows out of a box would by conclusion fail for same reason).

PS you wrote Im unable to do a backup image what operation is meant by this?

• GPT

Backup>>System Backup (Step 1 section is greyed out) or Backup>>Partition Backup (C partition is grayed out and Aomei shows that it has no data)

image2016-01-04 19_06_49-New notification.png

(attached screenshot)

• I just noticed that aomei shows my disk as MBR in the screenshot but windows shows it as GPT

btw my disk is not encrypted

Im pretty sure it has to do with Aomei not liking emmc disk but im surprised no one has brought it up before

• nevermind, when I searched forums for "surface 3" my problem didnt come up. A google search of "aomei emmc" produced results to indicate this is a known issue that hopefully will be addressed in a future update

• Sorry for that our product cannot support EMMC disk now.We will consider it in the future.

Thanks Peter very much.

• edited January 2016

Actually in the screen shot above 2016-01-04 19_06_49-New notification.png we see the protective MBR partition table that is part of GPT specification (see gpt wiki, as part of the analysis).