Home AOMEI Products Support

WTV Recordings not backed up.

Something that bugged me for a long time.
Running Windows 7 and doing a backup of my data, there is a folder named 'Recorded TV' where Media Centre stores WTV files.
The contents of the folder do not get backed up by Backupper (or the Microsoft imaging program) because of copyright worries.
To get around the problem, delete the Registry key listed in the link (near the bottom of the page)..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-us/2c61d4cf-380b-4f58-b0f6-011b55046bbd/recorded-tv-not-included-in-backup-despite-explicit-request?forum=w7itpromedia

Comments

• We have no idea of that.Is that our Backupper cannot visit it?

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot

If the registry entry is present, Backupper will not copy the contents of the 'Recorded TV' folder.

The .wtv files are huge (<8GB for a one hour recording) and  perhaps most people don't care that they are not backed up.

In my case, I have other files that I keep in the 'Recorded TV' folder which are used to convert the .wtv files and need to have them backed up in case of loss.

• What functionality you use of our Backupper? Please try to use "file backup" to backup this file. If it is backuped?