Home AOMEI Products Support

Backuper 4098 error, trying partition assistand MBR-GPT but worried...

Hello.
So iv finaly installed my windows and wanted to backup a copy to keep it safe. Installed Aomei backuper and chose the backup feature I wanted and error 4098. After browsing the web it seems aomei cannot backup hard drives with MBR form drives even if that is a windows standard?
Anyway So I got a tip that aomei partition assistant might change my MBR discs to GPT. Found the option, but when I chose this it stated that my system partition and boot partition is on the same disc and that the system wil be unable to boot... So Im wondering if Iv partitioned the drives wrong and if there are something I can do before to fix it?

My drives are as following:
1. drive has 3 partitions: 
- 100mb windows files(boot partition) "active  and primary"
- Windows installation, main drive. "boot and primary"
- Storage partition, "primary"

2. drive,1 partition

- Storage, "primary"

So im wondering is it one of the other partitions either on the 2. drive or the first that I need to change first? or is there not anyway to go from MBR to GTP and still have a booting working HDD? because the boot and system partition seems to be on the same drive.

Comments

• Hi,maraxion
    We feel sorry for the inconvenience. As for the issue you encountered. Please check whether your system is installed on GPT disk, meanwhile, which is dynamic disk. Program can’t support to backup a GPT system on dynamic disk yet.