Home AOMEI Products Support

OS back up

I'm new to the backup sceen, that being said I have a 320 GB HDD (C drive). I have the OS (windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit) installed and all my useable data. All other data is save on 1TB D drive.  How can I create a backup of just the OS?

Comments

• edited April 2014

Hi, use Partition Backup, select your C: Partition in step 1 and your destination (external HDD or network location recommended) in step 2. Don't forget to check the image afterwards.

Pit

• Hello bassfisher and Pit,

If you want to backup the OS and ensure that you are able to restore it after the system crash, you should choose System Backup function, in this way, after you restore the OS, you are able to boot the disk directly. Partition backup feature is mainly for data backup.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hello admin, Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I understand choosing system back up will back up my system. That's not the question I asked. Let me see if I can explain it a bit better. 

I have my OS (windows 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit) installed on the C drive. I also have all my programs and games installed on the C drive. The OS takes up about 40 GB of space and the rest is my programs and games. How to I back up just the OS of the C drive and not everything else on the C drive.

• Hi, I understand now. Sorry, currently our software cannot backup OS individually.