Home AOMEI Products Support

Backupper and NAS/Network Drive

edited December 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

i am trying to sync some files to a network drive (USB drive attached to my router). I can mount the drive on Windows 10. But Aomei Backupper seems to have some troubles with it. It shows a strange behaviour.

1. I add a Share/NAS by providing: \\IP, username and password.

- This (most of the time) works and i get to see the folders in the first level. But subfolders are sometimes displayed, and sometimes not.

2. If they are not displayed and i select a first level folder and click OK i get an error message. If subfolders are displayed and i select a folder and click ok i only sometimes get an error message. If the selection works i choose a folder (and optionally schedule) to sync files.

3. Now i click Start sync/Start sync and add to schedule. Sometimes it works, but most of the time i get this:

"Syncing is initializing...

Information Code:303

Invalid network path or sharing service has been disabled. Please check whether the network is accessible and whether the sharing service of the target computer exists, and then try again."

The weird thing is: Even if it fails with this error it creates a folder on my network drive! (for example "File Sync(12)"). In case of error of course the folder is empty.

Now i tried to do a backup instead of sync and i got one backup done. But if i try to Explore or locate the image i get a network error message.

And the experience became worse. In the beginning it worked at least occasionally. Now it doesn't at all. Errors all the time. When using my netword drive. Backing up to my local drive works very well, but that's not really a backup i think ;)

The network support in Aomei Backupper seems a bit unreliable. I don't experience such problems in any other program (also other backup software, where i don't like the scheduling). Usually my network and network drive can be accessed just fine.

Is this a bug or is my network just fu**** up? Does anyone have the same problems? And probably found a solution?

And besides my network issue: Is this backupper able to to scheduled backups to NAS without the need to have the program open all the time? Because i didn't see the option to minimize it to tray on start.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• We feel sorry for the problem.

May I ask the error information is still the Error Code 303?If so,you can send us the Log files under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper.

Besides,if you set the scheduled backup the software will backup your files automatically,you do not need to run the program,there will be a small tray which shows the backup task is running.

• I am also having a similar issue since 10/18/2015.  I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro and had been backing up to a Western Digital MyCloud EX4 NAS.  Since 10/19/2015 all backups have failed from all 3 PC's that AOMEI Backup is running on.

When you attempt to save a NAS/Share destination it locates the share and lists the folders.  However, it does not save these settings in AOMEI and when you go back and look at your NAS/Share destinations it is blank.  It does insert the path \\192.168.1.25\NASShare\MyBackupFolder in step 2 of the backup creation wizard.  Upon running this backup it immediately fails with the following:

Execution time: 12/13/2015 11:39:29 AM

Plan name: My File Backup(2)

Operation: File Full Backup

Execution result: Failed

Error code: 303

Description: Invalid network path or sharing service has been disabled. Please check whether the network is accessible and whether the sharing service of the target computer exists, and then try again.

My NAS share does work with other applications.