Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup schedule not working on Windows 10

edited December 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

I am using AOMEI Backupper Professional v3.2 on Windows 10.  Whenever I start the program manually, I get this message: "Do you want this app to make changes to your computer?"  Which I agree to.  I'm not sure if that's related.  But I have a scheduled backup all setup.  It does not run at the scheduled time.  Nothing seems to happen at all at the scheduled time.  Running the scheduled backup manually goes just fine.

Why is the scheduled backup not working?

Comments

• Is the scheduled task set to run with the highest privileges?

• Although I saved the schedule in AOMEI, it is not in the Windows Task Scheduler at all.

• The prompt was because of your UAC settings.

And as for the schedule backup we suggest you to cancel the settings of it and reset it to see if this works.

• I found the cause of the issue and have corrected it.  Here's the issue.  When setting up a scheduled backup, within the Advanced Schedule Settings, there are these options:

1) Don't install the service, directly use Windows Task Scheduler to run scheduled tasks.

2) Install a service to run scheduled tasks.

The 2nd option is set by default and does not seem to work.  No matter how many I make or remove then remake with that setting, it does not work.  But the service is in my list of services in Service Control Manager and running.  It just does not seem to work at all.

So I selected the first option and see the schedule added to my Windows Task Scheduler.

• Does the Windows Task Scheduler works fine?