Home AOMEI Products Support

OneKey Recovery v1.2 - insufficient disk space

I installed OneKey Recovery v1.2 on a Toshiba laptop with windows10. Harddisk is 1TB and the windows installation around 100 GB. But in the proces of creating the backup-image it reported that it failed due to insufficient disk space. Strange.

It seems that OneKey Recovery is not able to calculate the size of the restore partition?

The laptop as maybe more RAM then usual, 12 GB, is the problem the swap-file or the big hiberfil.sys?

Comments

• We feel sorry for the problem.

When you create onekey recovery partiton the software will use the space of your C drive to create it,so maybe there was not enough space on your C drive.

You can choose to restore your Image files to another location to do the operation successfully.imageimage

imageA249DE54-BD8D-4EBD-A17A-AF71B9348352.jpeg

• There is 700 GB free on C: so that cannot be the problem.

I increased the size of the recovery partition with 10 GB and was able to get rid of 15 GB of the windows installation. Now OneKey Recovery was able to make the recovery partition.

I still think there is something wrong with your algorithm for the size of the recovery partition. I'm not the only one with this error...

• edited December 2015

It could be, but I'm not sure, that there are already 4 partitions, and the Scheme is MBR. Please verify this, thanks.

It could also be that there was an existing recovery partition which was too small (as you have found). aomei could make more detailed error message in all case.