Home AOMEI Products Support

Get rid of E: (450MB on new cloned hard drive with C:/ (930.97MB) (Boot) & Sys. reserved, 100.00MB

edited December 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Using AOEMI Partition Magic Standard after cloned hard drive I have a extra E:\ 450.00MB, There is system reserved of 100.00MB. How do I get rid of the E:\ or incorporate it into the C:\ drive?

Thanks in advance,

Tbear

Comments

• You can delete the extra E drive.

But to make sure that your system can boot normally,you'd better use Migrate OS function to migrate your system to other disk.

• edited December 2015

Dear tbear and dear admin

1) 450MB is WinRE, it is part of Windows. You had it on the source disk. 100 MB is MSR, is also required by Windows. Both are typical of GPT disks, and should be considered good.

However cloning may not set the partition types correctly ( I can't verify right now, but Windows would not show 450MB and 100MB normally).

2) When you clone from GPT to MBR it will fail anyway a bootable system. It is not truly cloned. Backupper will not set the disk type to GPT.

3) One cannot incorporate them into C:\ as they are not adjacent to C:\, typically.

regarding 1:

You need diskpart.

There you need to select the partition,typically

select disk 0

select partition 1

detail partition

.....and say, when partition 1 is indeed winre

set id=DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC

for MSR, you should select it in diskpart, typically

select disk 0

select partition 3

detail partition

.... then say, when partition 3 is indeed msr

delete partition override

create partition msr

• edited December 2015

Dear tbear and Dear admin

I'm sorry for above previous comment, which does not cover the situation. The issue is that the destination disk is not GPT, but MBR, and Backupper did not convert to GPT. The source disk was however GPT. To change the destination disk to GPT, you need diskpart, before you clone. Assuming disk 1 is the destination disk, the commands before cloning are:

list disk

select disk 1

list partition

.. when one is sure that disk 1 is indeed the destination disk:

clean

convert gpt

exit

After that, Clone does indeed clone the GPT partitions correctly with the correct type.