Home AOMEI Products Support

System Recovery dosn´t work

edited December 2015 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I´ve used your software to create a system backup of my Sony Laptop SVP1321Y9EB. This update includes all original partitions (boot, system, recovery,....) after them I make a total clean reinstall (format all) for a new OS.

In the end I dosn´t like the new system and tryed to go back to my original OS. Recovery over WINPE working well and "ALL" partitions are here and available.

The problem now is I can´t boot. I´ve tried everything ( repair from OS DVD, recreate the bootloader, ....)

My Laptop has an UEFI Bios and GPT partition.

Could you please help me to get my system back.

Many thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2015

with partdisk, please check that your disk is GPT and not MBR (because it is not understandable what you mean with "format all". Such a command does not exist.). If it is MBR you have to convert to GPT using partdisk (and you need more help to do it).

Additionally you don't say what your sony SVP1321Y9EB contained as OS before, and whether it was UEFI-MBR or UEFI-GPT before you reinstalled a new OS. Pls clarify. Originaly it had Windows 8, and this could be MBR or GPT depending on what Sony did. A hard disk does not have "boot, system, recovery" partitions. It has several partitions but names are others, please tell.

Did you do a system backup or disk backup ( because system backup would not include the Sony recovery partition, it would include WinRE however).

2ndly check that there are two Windows Recovery and two System partitions. If yes, delete the first Windows Recovery and the first System, then try to boot. (this is a well known problem). If it boots, you then still more help to repair. A fotograph of the disk layout would be helpful (where you say that all partitions are here, what is "ALL" anyway this is not understandable).

Waiting for your 4 answers.

• Sorry for the inconvenience.

May I ask where the process stocked and what errors occoured.

Can you send us a screenshot of the interface?