Home AOMEI Products Support

opening "hidden" partitions

HI
sorry if this is an idiot question but I'l try anyway.
I have a lenovo yoga which has multiple partitions containing recovery prorams, drivers, oem sotware etc.
I would like to open these partitons to extract some of the software so I can reinstall it without doing a factory reset and wiping all programs etc. The partitons seem to be ntfts format and should be readable can anyone advise how I I can open them and then copy out the files I can't see a way in aomei partition?
thanks sorry posted in wrong thread by mistake - have now moved it to correct one hopefully :)

Comments

• You cannot do that because the programs are already installed in an image.
    Sure, you can mount an image and extract files but you cannot reinstall them
  • To mount an image and extract some files from the image file, you can refer to the tutorial: http://www.backup-utility.com/features/image-file-explore.html

• edited April 2014

Hi assybish,

Sorry for the late reply. dt0x is right, you cannot extract your software in the image to your OS without reinstalling, you may have to reinstall the software and extract the data of the software you needed. To extract the image please mount the image as virtual drive as Jack mentioned.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team